We love a good flapjack so I’m please to have found this tasty recipe for chia charge flapjacks. They’re good for fuel on the bike or simply for breakfast instead of porridge.
240g porridge oats
160g nut butter (I used almond, but you can use your favourite)
110g golden syrup
60g chia seeds
4g sea salt flakes
110g raisins (or any dried fruit, chopped)
- Place the nut butter and golden syrup into a mixing bowl and stir together to a paste.
- Add honey and sea salt flakes, before the rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a lined baking tray and press the mixture firmly down and out to the edges (I find a potato masher does a great job here!)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool before slicing.
These keep in tin or an air tight container for up to a week